Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The New Dumb

Today, we find a new kind of dumbness circulating around us that is particularly aggravating to all persons with at least half a brain. Dumb, unintelligible people are now boldly attacking those who have the ability to think, learn, and formulate thoughts outside of those being fed through the television screen. What is this world coming to? It’s as if we promote this “New Dumb” by giving these simpletons an open forum to speak and unknowingly embarrass themselves. The worst part is, they don’t realize how foolish they sound.

One half-a-twit had the audacity to tell me to “Learn Something” as if he had any idea what he was even talking about. Not a single point (not even an opinionated point worth arguing) came out of his comment that was entirely intended to offend me because I did not agree with his statement. He lacked the ability to formulate sentences that made sense and used reckless passion as the driving force to express his incoherent retort. I’ve never been more annoyed by stupidity until I was called an “Ignorant Idiot” by a grown man who had the intellect of a 7 year old. Ignorance is not demonstrated by making valid points… Ignorance is demonstrated by assholes that have no understanding of a particular subject and result to CAPITALIZED TANTRUMS TO EXPRESS THEIR DISAGREEMENT WITH A DEFICIENCY OF FACTS.

This was not my first run in with an uneducated person (who actually attends college) that watches Steven Colbert twice a week and thinks he/she is thoroughly up to par with their current events. Sadly, these people are growing in numbers and leaving our country and our world in the shambles of mediocrity. These half-minded fools who absorb information solely through high definition television screens are infecting our standards and lowering the bar for those pursuing a “higher” education. Education systems have gone down the drain since the government took control of it, but I guess that’s to be expected when those in power want to feel more powerful than they were ever intended to be. Regardless, We the People have to deal with these lowered standards and we are left to ponder why the world we know is falling apart through regression. At least we were given “Reality” TV to numb the dead weight that sits upon our shoulders.

The getting was good while it was to be had, but it is no more. We are now descending down the dark side of the mountain where the trek seems destined to be far less rewarding than the ascension to the peak of civilization. Oh how I wish I lived my life already.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aahaha, the last sentence was my favorite. This is a solid piece of truth, I'm thankful to you for unleashing this. I have to laugh only because it comforts me through the wake of the "New Dumb", as you so aptly named it.

Ps; Are you of any relation to a John Leone who went to Kingsway?

Cor24Leone said...

Ha.. no relation. I can't tell you how many people have asked me that.