Monday, July 6, 2009

Putting to Rest the Pervert of Pop

Disgust is hindering my productivity over the last hour because of the debacle that has become the Michael Jackson funeral. I've been trying to avoid this topic, but I have to let some of this out.

First off, I’d like to get it out there that I was one of the millions of fans who listened to every MJ record when it came out. I used to moon-walk through the kitchen, do a spin, and grab my crotch when I got to the fridge. I was a childhood fan of the biggest pop phenomenon of my generation. I even remember where I was when the Black or White video first premiered. But then, I got older and started to understand what a whacko the guy was. At first, I was cool with it. There’s nothing wrong with being weird in a world full of weirdoes and crazies. But then the mother fucker hangs a baby over a balcony and has case after case of lawsuits filed and charges pressed against him accusing him of being a pedophile.

That was it... the end all be all. He became a habitual line stepper and with his musical genius vastly beginning to slip away, the obscurities of the King of Pop came to the forefront. The “smooth criminal” was now a perverted criminal with more under-the-knife experimentations than a college level biology class. Eventually he disappeared from the lime light, lost every dollar he ever made, and buried himself in what the Wall Street Journal estimated at $500 Million of debt.

The first headline Michael Jackson made in the last 10 years was when the story broke in the Los Angeles Times that he was dead. There was a reason for that. Some people had enough decency not to give a sick and twisted child molester the glorification that everyone has all of a sudden began to embrace since the passing of the perverted icon. I’m not trying to be the cynic here. I’m not making an argument for the sake of making an argument. I’m looking at this from the perspective of someone who hopes to someday have children. Who the fuck has the audacity to praise a man for his music and disregard the fact that he may have molested children?

One reason the man died broke and immersed in a mountain of debt was the fact that he settled out of court in each case to avoid federal prosecution, much like politicians and catholic priests accused of the same crime have done. I would be willing to bet that not a single god damn person praising Michael Jackson in his passing would have even considered the thought of sending their child to visit and stay with him for a weekend. If you would have, then you’re a sick bastard and you should consider neutering yourself and putting any child you may already have up for adoption so they can have a nurturing home to grow up in, free from the possibility of rape and molestation.

The thing that really gets me though… besides the assholes who went out and got tattoos commemorating the King of Perversion… is the people who are genuinely offended that the city of Los Angeles has asked the Jackson family to help pay for the funeral ceremony which will play host to millions of drooling diehard fans with nothing better to do than cry and praise their fallen hero on a Tuesday afternoon in the streets of a major city facing economic collapse. The last thing the city of Los Angeles needs is for their streets to be shut down by rioting lunatics in tears and a multi-million dollar bill to foot the cost of attempting to control the mass hysteria. If the Jackson family wants to have this huge celebration then they need to pay the tab at the end of the day. If I died tomorrow, the city or town I live in is not going to cover the cost of my funeral and that's without the expectation of millions of cooks with sequined gloves impersonating me and showing off their tattoos wishing me a peaceful rest.

No comments: